Personal Story- Struggle

My first post is going to be about me and how I have struggled with a feeling lately. I am curious if anyone else has been in this spot too. I wanted to share this here because in my life it would not be as appropriate because not many people can understand. I have tried to explain this to my husband, but he does not quite fully get why I struggle with it.
So here it goes,
Almost 2 years ago I gave birth to my little girl 2 months early for my second time of having a micro preemie (she went to the NICU), and then I  almost died, but ended up in the ICU.
Because of all of this my doctor said " I hardly ever say this to my patients but you should not have anymore children, and we need to make it happen as soon as possible. Here are the options, let me know if you have any questions."
Then I lost my state insurance, and the doctors office completely covered the procedure because I needed it that badly!
Long story short, I cannot have anymore kids (which is fine since I already have 3 beautiful children). But it doesn't make it hurt any less that I feel like less of a woman since I cannot have anymore even if I wanted to, if that makes sense?!? We (my husband and I) are thinking of fostering or adopting in the future, but some people might understand what I mean and how I feel.
So BLESSED in my life and definitely not complaining, just wanted to share that sometimes I just feel that way, and see if anyone else can relate in any way?

Comments