Poem I wrote about my past….called Just Ask

Someone please ask me if I am ok,
Ask me about this fat lip,
Please look into my eyes, see my pain, and just ask
Every day is a struggle, a struggle to try to get out
Please just show me, show me the way
All I want is love, but somehow I am blinded to its nonexistence in this relationship
Hard to feel loved in between the choking, fat lips, and the beatings
Hard to feel much at all.
I felt my breathing halted by your hands, unsure if that breath will be my last
You snap back to reality, and look down at me as I shrivel away
Jump up slam my head into the door,
But what did I do to deserve this?
Hard to live like this, but hard to leave (with nowhere to go)
Had to get away, had to get away
I forgive you, but sadly I will never forget,
Never forget
Written By Christina Sanders (me)

Comments